Aloha Golf Club
Address: Urbanización Aloha Golf s/n
29660- Nueva Andalucía - Marbella - Málaga
Longitude: -4, 96178627
Telf: +34 952 907 085 – +34 952 907 086 - Fax: +34 952 812 389
President: D. Rafael Fontan Zubizarreta
Director: D. Luis J. Álvarez Navarro
Secretary: Mrs. M ª Carmen Sánchez
Professional: D. Andrés Jiménez Márquez - & - D. José Luis Mangas
Professor: D. José Luis Mangas Espuche
Minimum handicap required
• Men: 25.7
• Ladies: 32.7
Observe the ethical dress code
• Jeans, bathing suit or shorts are not permitted.
• No t-shirts, only long sleeves shirts with collars.
• Should be in possession of the license of the Royal Spanish Golf Federation. Otherwise you will be charged for a temporary license to cover accident and damage, € 1,5.
Rules and etiquette of the club
• Prohibit the use of mobile phones in the fairwawys
• The buggies should not be circulated within 8-10 meters of tees and greens
• Manual or electric carts should not circulated near greens or bunkers, and on the tees.
• Only allows golf clothing. Prohibit the use of jeans, shorts and shirts without collar. The shirt must be tucked into pants at all times.
• You must give way to the fastest players.
• Two balls must unite, if required.
• Repair chop, chops and bunkers.
• Drive on the roads. Turn to the ball from the road and return the same at 90 º
• Do not cross or exceed buggies marks or white lines before the greens.
• Children under 16 cannot drive buggies.
• Maximum of 2 people and 2 bags per buggy.
• Only 2 buggies per game.
On the Club House
• Forbidden the use of mobile phones in the clubhouse.
• It is forbidden the use of collarless shirts.
• Children and guests of the club members will be allows to access the terrace of the clubhouse, provided that there are accompanied by an adult. Strollers or baby seats are not allowed.
Born in 1975, A unique club in Marbella Golf Valley, Malaga, one of the greater concentration areas of quality golf in Europe.
One of the most prestigious golf courses designers in the Spanish golf world Javier Arana is responsible for this fantastic golf paradise.
It was the designed of other golf courses such as El Saler in Valencia and El Prat in Barcelona. It so happens that Aloha was the last designed by Javier Arana before his death in 1975.
With a unique and singular ambient Aloha clubs distinguish emphasizes and harmony from other club around, it bring old golf flavor through its members and partners, from up to 20 different nationalities.
Throughout its history the club has had the honor of having the presence of personalities such as HRH
D. Juan de Borbón, Prince Klaus of the Netherlands, Prince Edward of England and the King of Malaysia. Scottish actor Sean Connery made Aloha Club and until recently shared their special environment with the other partners.
In 2007 and 2008, the Andalucía Open played, belonging to the European Professional Tour (PGA European Tour), with the participation of big stars of the Tour. Two Ryder Cup players, Lee Westwood (2007), who set a new course record of 65 strokes, and the French Thomas Levet, (2008), which won in thrilling play-off with Oliver Fisher, of only 19 , were the finalists of this competition.
Aloha is firmly committed to teaching.
Group lessons for couples or singles are taught by professionals of the club, Jose Luis Mangas, Andrés Jiménez and Juan Mangas.
On weekends and in the summer months, the teaching school for youngest has a great role, allowing kids to practice all sets of the game both on the driving range, as on the short of 9 holes course, ideal for these purposes.
Aloha is one of the most bright and balanced golf curse that a golfer can find in Spain.
It has a long five holes in which the stroke and accuracy are essential (Holes 1, 4, 10, 13 and 18).
In the remaining holes, technique strategy and skill of the player will have to be applied to the maximum, because the reward you get is huge on the other hand the "surprises” that the course keeps for the "neglected" are numerous and unexpected.
The large number of obstacles and trees placed directly on the right site, complicating a rough failure on the fairways, and the greens with great personality, fast and rugged enough makes the most strategists and skilled players get a great performance game.
The stamp designer Javier Arana was not only reflected in the splendid fairways, but his was also the choice of trees and plants that decorate the course with the idea of enjoying trees in bloom at any time of year.
Aloha is a large garden where you can enjoy the purest essence of golf.